Hi, my name’s Jonathon...
I’m a Psychotherapeutic Counsellor within easy distance of Faversham, Canterbury, Whitstable and Ashford in East Kent.
My clients reflect society, from 18 plus through to those in their late 70’s and come from diverse social backgrounds, ethnicities and sexualities.
We predominantly meet for face-to-face counselling or in some circumstances clients choose therapy via Skype, FaceTime, or telephone. Housecalls (covering travel expenses) can be made by special arrangement.
For the last two years my work has been with clients at MIND, the UK’s number one mental health charity. In addition, clients are now welcomed at my own private practice.
Fifty minute sessions are usually open-ended (as opposed to specific in number) and clients are usually given the same time slot on the same day each week.
Sessions are collaborative and in confidence and follow the ethical framework laid out by the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
Our work together is empathic, non-judgemental and based on trust. You, the client, are the focus and centre of our therapeutic relationship.
Some thoughts on why counselling helps us all
- it’s an emotional investment which can positively impact personal fulfilment
- with a trained professional you’re heard objectively, empathetically and non-judgementally
- through therapy you can learn to trust yourself, develop emotionally and grow stronger
Counselling is humanistic and integrates psychodynamic (looking to the past), person-centred and transactional theories and helps clients set their own achievable goals.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Counselling and Psychotherapeutic Central Awarding Body: Level 4 Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapeutic Skills
- The British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists: Certificate of Proficiency
- Counselling and Psychotherapeutic Central Awarding Body: Levels 2 and 3 Certificates in Counselling Skills
- Qualified and trainee therapist with MIND and Porchlight charities
- Place2Be foundation training in working with young people
- Registered member of BACP
Before training as a therapist my life experience includes 35 years as a media and communications professional.
Some Areas of Work with Clients
Abuse, Addictions, Anger Management, Anxiety, Bereavement & Grief, Depression, Gender Identity, LGBTQ+, Personal Confidence, Personal Development, Post-Traumatic Stress, Relationships, Self Esteem, Self-harm, Stress, Trauma, Work Related Issues, Sexuality and Identity.
Within easy reach of Faversham, Canterbury,
Whitstable, Ashford and the surrounding areas
Session fees from £50.
If you have any questions or would like further information, please get in touch
Telephone: 07752 177601